This article will cover both the process of changing the passcode of the Telegram app and the process of changing the password required for the two-step verification when logging into the Telegram app on a new device. While you manually lock the Telegram app or when you are away from the app for a specified length of time (as determined in the settings > privacy and security > passcode lock menu), you will be needed to enter a passcode in order to open the app. Whatever the case may be, changing the passcode or password is a simple process that may be accomplished by following the instructions in this article.
For those who already know their passcode but do not wish to continue using it and instead wish to change it to a different passcode, the steps outlined below must be followed.
1. First and foremost, launch the Telegram application.
2.Now you must input the passcode for the Telegram application.
3. When the app is launched, click on the hamburger icon or the three-lines icon located in the top-left corner of the app screen to navigate through it. Alternatively, you can move from the left side of the app screen towards the right edge of the screen to see the menu options.
4. Now, get to the settings menu by selecting the’settings’ option from the menu that appears after touching the hamburger icon on the home screen.
5. This will bring up the app’s settings menu on the main screen. To access the ‘privacy and security‘ option, you must first select it from the drop-down menu. Consequently, you must select the ‘privacy and security‘ option (which has a lock icon next to it) from the’settings’ menu, which is located under the ‘privacy and security’ section.
6. The ‘privacy and security’ menu will now be displayed on the screen. Locate the ‘passcode lock‘ option, which is located under the’security’ heading, and choose it.
7. A new menu will open, and you must select the ‘change passcode’ option from the drop-down menu.
8. A text box with the text ‘enter your new passcode‘ tilted to the right is now displayed on the app screen. Enter the new passcode in this field and press the next button. After that, enter the same new passcode one more time.
9. Your passcode will be updated as soon as you enter the new passcode two times in this manner.
If you have forgotten your passcode and would like to update it, this is the procedure to follow. In the event that you have misplaced your passcode, there is only one option to recover it. In order to set up the passcode, you will need to first remove the Telegram app, then reinstall it and go through the setup process again.
Additionally, if you have any private conversations, these will be lost during the process. As a result, use caution throughout this process. Only do it if you have no other choice and you are completely unable to recall the passcode.
In order to change the password for the Telegram application, you must follow the instructions outlined in this section. This password is required for the two-step verification process and must be used in conjunction with it. If you have previously created a password for your Telegram account, you can change it by following the instructions outlined in this article.
Steps 1 through 5 are outlined above under the heading “change passcode (case 1).”
To enable two-step verification, go to the ‘privacy and security‘ menu and select it from the’security’ section of the menu when you get to it.
2. You should now be able to see the ‘change password‘ option in the newly displayed menu. Select this option by tapping it.
3. Enter your new password and press the next button. Then input your new password and press the next button.
4. You have now successfully updated your password and are able to use it for two-factor authentication.